Monday, February 20, 2012

Hernandez Hungry For Success

In his first season at Manchester United Javier Hernandez burst onto the scene at Old Trafford helping Sir Alex Fergusons men to the Premier League title with his 20 goals, but he himself has admitted that he has found it difficult in his second season in England.


The 2011 bwin review shows just what a revelation ‘Chicharito’ was in his debut season but the Mexican insists he is not a victim of 'second-season syndrome'.


After his first season in the Premier League, Hernadez had little rest in the summer, playing in the Gold Cup and Copa America for Mexico. His pre season schedule at United therefore meant that he was behind the rest of the squad in terms of fitness and freshness. Then once he has been fit, he has been hampered by a number of injuries, which have limited his game time.

It was always going to be difficult for him to replicate those achievements, with the bar having been set so high, but even with the injuries Hernandez has still managed to score nine goals in just fourteen starts.


It seems that every time the ‘little pea’ is on the pitch, he creates an opportunity to score and he usually takes that opportunity. With United now close favourites with stanjames odds to win the Premier League and Europa Cup, Ferguson will need a fully fit Hernandez going into the final stages of the campaign and Hernandez is focused on improving not just his scoring but all aspects of his game.


"In my mind I've only one aim and that is to always improve," Hernandez told The People.


"Maybe people have their opinion of me and how I am doing this season.


"The second term at a new club can always be tough but while I am still scoring, I am happy.


"It's been a difficult campaign because I have had some injuries that have disrupted my rhythm but now I am fit again and feel fresh for the important part of the season coming up.


"I try to learn all the time from the coaches and players at United because, here, you can never stop. I am working hard to improve and I know there is more to come from me.


This is just the sort of attitude and focus that Sir Alex Ferguson will want from all of his Manchester United players, and there is no doubt that Chicarito will play a big part in the rest of United’s season.

No comments:

Post a Comment